View Single Post
Old September 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
You can Fold with the CPU and the GPU in F@H.

If by your RAC you are talking about cruching with BOINC on the Rosetta project, then you can only use your CPU. There is no current GPU support for that project.

Your RAC will become higher, since the formula they use to compute the RAC is based on a 2 week half life exponential decay formula. This means the take all your crunching you've done for RAC calculatioon but consider at an higher rate the one you did in the last 2 weeks.

I know that Chalie3.0 is also folding with Q6600 so you could look at his RAC numbers for that computer as a guideline of what you should achieve as RAC if your o/c is the same.

To do so just click on is user tag in the team and then on the computer link here :
Computers belonging to 3.0charlie

His Q6600 is currently achieveing about 870 RAC. Buy reference, my E8400 is at 1100 but I have longer uninterupted crunching, so My RAC will be higher for a while.
My Q6600 is crunching at 3.0GHz ATM, for the last 4-5 days only though. The QX9650 was at stock until last night, when I bumped it to 3.5GHz. Been cruching for 4-5 days too.

Both are crunching on 3 cores though, since I'm using the 4th for GPU folding.