View Single Post
Old September 17, 2008, 03:12 AM
MVP
F@H

1. It's a nice build but you can do better for less cash. I'll let others with more experience chime in and give more suggestions.

2. The Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme used to be the king cooler (I have one) but it has lost it's crown to the Ocz Vandetta 2 which is much cheaper! It comes with it's own fan but I'd recommend a Sythe S-Flex as a replacement or Noctua P12 for a quieter fan.

3. No experience with that case but I would wonder about quality.

You say you don't want to overclock that processor but I'd recommend getting the Q9450 (2.66 GHz) for almost $300 less and putting a mild overclock on it to bring it up to 3 GHz. I'd go higher if possible but I respect that you don't want to push your proc. This way you get the same performance as the Q9650 but get to put another $250 or so into other parts.

If the rig is for just gaming and web surfing maybe you could consider a dual core instead? Up to you.

Others will come along and comment more so I'll leave it to them...

Welcome to HWC by the way.