My Favourite Anti Malware Tools
View Single Post
May 12, 2007, 11:05 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC
My Favourite Free Anti Malware Tools
If you're looking to keep nasty malware off your system in the first place, here are several programs I recommend:
- Be sure to update AND immunize, otherwise it will not act as protection. You don't really need the tea timer etc. Great for removal too.
- Remember to keep this updated and enable all protection. You have to do it manually or you can pay for automatic updates.
- If you're prone to nasties, this will keep you clean for sure. All of my at-risk clients that can deal with a little performance loss get this program.
- Can be a bit of a system hog, but it's excellent for prevention and removal. However, the prevention mechanism can be a little naggy.
As a side note, make sure your
version is up-to-date. Some of the worst nasties get in through vulnerabilities in older versions. Make sure you
the old versions from the control panel as well.
On-Site Computer Repair in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody
- The right solution is only a click away!
Last edited by clickright; May 13, 2007 at
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to clickright
Visit clickright's homepage!
Find all posts by clickright