View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 03:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I once had a laptop rma and there was this grey, foam rubber-type stuff surrounding the laptop so I guess its similar. Funny thing is, I had kept that stuff for a few years in case i wanted to use it for shipping but last spring I threw it out (small apt and the missus was sick of the space it was taking up in our closet).

So I have a hdd I need to send, but no material to use as per rma policy. Funny thing is that I have the plastic shell and packing peanuts that would have been used by a company like NCIX to ship it to me new but is no good to ship when broken...

I have actually thought about driving it out to Burlington (the rma address...40 mins away) lol but have no time and would be kinda silly.

I was just wondering how strictly they adhere to rma shipping policies and if I am missing an obvious supplier of said material. I have tried Walmart, Post Office, Zellers, UPS Store, Shopper Drug Mart, Home Depot, and Canadian Tire. All I can find are the peanuts and the 'air filled' pouches. I even tried a local computer store and they knew about the stuff I wanted, but had none on hand.
Fold for team #54196