View Single Post
Old August 23, 2008, 01:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@enaberif
If you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. That was not help at all and just seems so against the feeling that this forum usually puts out. You are right that you can triple boot with grub installed but that will be using two different boot loaders, grub and vista's. Because no matter how you set it it would always load the Vista boot loader when I selected one of the windows I had set in Grub. I could get into windows after that but it was two different menus. I get the feeling that he wants it to be with one boot loader and have just the three choices XP, Vista and Ubuntu.

@Jon_di2
No to do that you have to add Ubuntu to the Vista boot loader. The best way to play with the vista boot loader is to get a program called EasyBCD and you can find it here

Then the best thing would be to just take a look at a little tutorial on how to add it, Ubuntu - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Generally that should work if you still have issues, I would suggest you look here, EasyBCD Support - The NeoSmart Forums , since they have a bunch of threads on triple booting.

You can also check out this guide for dual booting; The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
Remember doing a triple boot is with XP/Vista/Ubuntu is just like doing a dual boot with XP/Vista then a dual boot with Vista/Ubuntu.

Hope all of that helps.