View Single Post
Old January 25, 2016, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Lovely display, thanks for the review. I cannot at this point "afford the price of entry"!

Question though, something I'm missing in the recommendations. AkG comments on the vertical limitation of the monitor and says "There are many users who would likely be better served by a more typical, lower priced, higher refresh rate, 2560x1440 144Hz IPS G-SYNC display." I can understand recommending the lower priced, higher refresh rate part but I don't see how 2560x1440 is going to gain you any better vertical play experience. The 1440 is the same on both monitors, all that is changing is widened horizontal from 2560 to 3440. So isn't the vertical view space exactly the same? I know one is 16:9 and one is 21:9, but again the 9 is the same in both cases. Maybe there is an issue with the way games handled scaling their menues on the 21:9 ratio?

I have always assumed with these 1440p ultrawides that I would get the same vertical experience I currently have on my 27" 2560x1440 and would just be adding on to the sides so to speak; like a smaller version of adding two more monitors on the sides. Is there something I am missing here in how the resolution is applied? Shouldn't 1440p be 1440p?