View Single Post
Old August 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Heheheh.........yea weekly statement...heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Ok. I'm writing this while still at work. Some (bad) news:

1- I just can't find a freakin' Report in this Company. My Engineer remembers seeing a M&P Report about RTV157 being tested down to -95C, with success. Now, were is that Report? He's looking for it. But since RTV157 is dirt cheap (you can buy it at Canadian Tire - same stuff)..
Ok , 'the stuff you buy at Canadian Tire' that you speak of , I assume , is GE Silicone II ?

Interesting.That's what the original tank is made from.I know for a fact it's Iso resistant.

I've actually found rtv157 locally ,but if I can confirm they are in fact the same thing ,thats good to know.I'll get some glass strips on order and do some tests.I've got silicone II in the workshop.

--------

As far as # 2 goes , Motherboards or any other PCB are generally not affected by IPA.It's one of the approved solvents for cleaning them.

I have aready done some minor tests....perhaps you remember this. hehe

Thanks again John ! , I'm quite curious about the whole silicone thing.

edit : I just checked the prices.They can't be the same thing , RTV157 is ten times the cost of GE silicone II , @ 33$ per 82 ml tube.Not that I'm complaining , thats still totally reasonable.

Last edited by BrainEater; August 13, 2008 at 05:10 PM.