View Single Post
Old August 12, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Overclocking AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ on an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe = DON'T BOTHER!

First i'd like to say that I am very happy with the board so far it runs rock solid. I've been able to OC my past Athlon processors on past motherboards, now what I find weird is the fact I can'T get ANY overclock from my Athlon 64 x2 5600+ on my ASUS M2n-SLI Deluxe - the max I can go is 206 FSB x 14 = 2884 - Whoppee :D can't even do 2.9 stable - Now it's not my RAM, because I have 4GB Corsair DHX, dual chanel kit DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 - I can OC that MF on another system past 1000 ! So it's not RAM. Surely this is SUPPOSED to be a good board for OCing, I can'T understand this - if I even attempt to set the FSB to 208/209 I will get blue screens, tons of errors, and 210, well it doesn'T boot at all LOL And the funny part is that it's not heat either because I'm not even using the CPU and the temps are far from its specs, so what am I missing here, is this board a piece of crap for overclocking ?
It's a Windsor F3 mind you, I'd expect this MF to OC at least to 2.9 stable FFS :D