View Single Post
Old August 6, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Dude I got a power supply sitting on the floor that exploded during a electrical storm from a customer and its all black and charred haha.

He's like "I walked into the room and there was blue smoke everywhere!"
Not to confuse with ghostly apparitions

---

What are the manufacturing dates on those boards with bad caps in the pictures above ? I know that some years ago there was an epidemic of bad caps circulating on the market and a lot of motherboard manufacturers were affected. I have used a lot of hardware through the years, both for myself and for friends of relative, and never ever came across a bad cap or burnt resistor - last week I got rid of all my old motherboards sine my 286 - and a few from the Athlon XP and an old XP64 they were on 24/7 for years and gone through torture and not one cap was bulging, they were intact - I've always used quality power supplies and the current here is stable - Unfortunately some people wait too long and the damage is done - with the price of motherboards I would buy a new one and I would not bother recapping or going through the trouble - I would like to think that some motherboard manufacturers have solved this problem now as I haven't come across any new MB with such a problem.

Last edited by DarKStar; August 6, 2008 at 05:17 PM.