View Single Post
Old January 20, 2014, 11:26 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default First H20 setup - ASAP - LITEcoins

OK so a while ago I was looking at BITcoins but I missed the boat. By the time I was interested GPU mining was no longer profitable (without free electricity). I JUST started looking at LITEcoins about a week ago. Long story short I decided to bite the INFLATED price on a pair of 290X's. I wanted a pair of these

Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100361-2SR Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 Video Card

I decided to sleep on it. I go to the computer the next morning - SOLD OUT. If you had asked me a year ago I would have expected to be running liquid cooling by now. I felt that this was my next best option.

Newegg.ca - PowerColor LCS AXR9 290X 4GBD5-WMDHG/OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card (BF4 Edition)

The order is placed for a pair of them. I have a rad but it has sat for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and I want to pressure test it (I already know how as I have done this sort of thing a couple times with cars).

QUESTION 1 ~ What would be a good pressure to test the rad to see if it is "OK". No I don't want to fill it and see if it leaks with no pressure - this is a pressurized coolant system!

QUESTION 2 ~ I have a 1200W Antec TPQ Powersupply - 1200W continuous max, Silver efficiency. Is this enough for my PC? EVGA DARK, 3820 (OC'd), 2 x 290X Liquid cooled - OC'd, A D5 pump (From DAZmode), and perhaps as many as 12 HDD's before the years end.

I bought the PSU on sale $130 a year ago. I try to future proof, and a cheap temporary power supply grenaded my last computer so I wanted to go for overkill.