Buddies Basic Budget Build Simple but effective for the price
View Single Post
December 22, 2013, 03:23 PM
Join Date: Dec 2013
Originally Posted by
I wouldn't go with this set up at all. If he want a cheap build, just get an AMD APU and be done with it. Is the client going to game with the machine or just use it for office stuff? My following comments / rants:
1. FX-4300 doesn't seem to be any faster than A10-5800K and it doesn't even come with an internal GPU and only $10 cheaper on NCIX.
2. Used OCZ SSD is just asking for trouble especially now that they are bankrupted.
3. Watercooling on a FX-4300 seem like a bit of a waste.
4. I wouldn't use a Thermaltake PSU unless it's confirmed to be made by a reliable OEM.
5. The case seem a bit underwhelming in terms of cooling. I would pick something with at least 2 fans up front.
Thanks for the input
Trust me I Pleaded and Pleaded with the guy to just wait till boxing day and we can get way better parts, but he wasn't listening (friend of a friend) and so I washed my hands and said if you want my to build it I will but you go get the parts cause I'm not condoning this waste of money.
With that said the H80 was bought for $35 on Kijiji used, as well the fans I put in were laying around from other builds and sooped it up as best I could with what I was working with
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Darwing
Find all posts by Darwing