swapping files from one system to another ????
View Single Post
July 31, 2008, 05:28 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
My System Specs
Yes but Vista computers can't see XP computers on a network unless you follow instructions below:
For computers running Windows XP to appear on the Network Map diagram, you must download and install the LLTD Responder component. With the LLTD Responder, a computer running Windows XP can respond to other Windows Vista computers on the network that are attempting to create a network map.
To install the LLTD Responder to a computer running Windows XP
1. Download the update for Windows XP from
Download details: Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder (KB922120)
2. Run the update on the computer running Windows XP that you want to appear on the Network Map.
3. On the Software Update Installation Wizard, click Next.
4. On the License Agreement page, read the license agreement, and if you agree to the terms, click I Agree, and then click Next.
5. On the final page of the wizard, click Finish.
6. If you are prompted to do so, restart your computer.
After your computer running Windows XP restarts, generate a new Network Map with the computer running Windows XP included.
Or simply hook up your old HDD as a second drive in your new system and drag and drop. That's the fastest way to transfer large amounts of files.
My System Specs
Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
Galaxy GTX 680
Intel 520 240GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Silverstone Strider 850w
Silverstone Raven RV-02
Windows 7 Premium 64bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SugarJ
Find all posts by SugarJ