View Single Post
Old July 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default BIOSHOCK PC - An Unstable P.O.C. ?

Recently built my 2 new systems from scratch,

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600 2.8Ghz 2MB L2 (Windsor F3)
CORSAIR DHX 4GB 4-4-4-12 Dual Channel kit
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatality Professional Gamer series
320GB SATA2 Seagate 16MB NCQ
BFG 8800GT OC 512MB

I am running Windows XP SP3 and VISTA 32 SP1 dual boot, all are fresh installs

All motherboard drivers are installed, up to date, everything is setup well.

I've put my system through memtest burnin, passed with flying colors - CPU burnin tests pass, hard disks pass, BFG 8800GT pass.

I haven't had much time to install other games, but the first one I installed was BIOSHOCK, in VISTA. everything maxed out, it's running smooth as silk, however on occasion it will pause for a fraction of a second and continue, might happen once every 10-20 minutes - I know it's NOT a graphic card issue but game itself. My card runs decent temps, it's NOT overheating - now this is frustrating me, I would be paying for 30 minutes or so and all of a sudden the game drops back to desktop with an error instruction 5x582378 gibberish tried writing to memory 0x872368 gibberish that cannot be found BS ;) Now WTF is going on here ? I have 4GB of RAM, I have ALL the latest patches in VISTA, yes it is recognizing my 4GB it says 4GB, and yes only little over 3 are useable. I have my pagefile set to system managed, yes, on the same partition as VISTA. Sometimes I don't save game, and when it does that I have to start over to my previous saved game. I would be playing a while and same thing. Anybody else have this problem ? It's a shame because the game runs extremely well and when it does crash I immediately check temps and everything is fine ! No I am not running anything else in the background - this happens no matter was res I play in. 2K doesn'T give a CRAP about its customers, and that's the price to pay for actually buying games, game was on special, disc is fine, original is used, and yes I patched the game to version 1.1, same thing.

BTW, slightly O/T here, but I'm stuck in the game, the freezer part, I melted ALL the ice I can find, and going in circles, the gates at both end won't open!