View Single Post
Old November 23, 2013, 04:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Question Video Encoding Help

Hello HWC ppls im in need of sage advice from anyone here who can point me in direction for learning art of video encoding. What i want to learn is basics to advanced like differances settings make whilst encoding or re-coding movies.

Iv noticed hardly any Encoding programs make little to no differance in quality for vast size differances. For example i have a movie coded in 640x480 res its not to clear very chopy.

So i load up say xilisoft and begin to recode said movie wich would be roughly 700 mb. Say extention is mp4. I set quality to 4500kb up the audio to 256 kb output jumps to 6gb yet quality remains near same. Yet iv changed bit rate extention audio and res to 1920x1080. What i want to learn is how to determine wich settings actually affect picture quality. Basicly i want to learn what the lingo what to tweak what to leave what each setting would mean to final output file.

Figured since im building this massive beast of a comp i want to use it to its full potential. If i missed anything let me know as iv tried handbrake and well high profile and quality settings turned a 550mb file into a 17.9gig file with zero improvement over original file lol. So thats the kinda thing i want to know. How not to muck it up that badly.