View Single Post
Old July 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowinacape View Post
Wow, quick reply

We ( I say we, as the misses and I will both be getting new machines here in the next couple of weeks or so) decided to stick with the newer ATI stock, she has always had good luck with Nvidia, and I have had good luck with ATI (in my Macs) so it was basically a coin flip that went with the newer kid on the block. If it it should come back to bite us in the back side, I'll blame her..........checks over shoulder to make sure she is not watching me type this.

Neither of us are "hardcore" gamers, but we would like to finally be able to play with everything set higher than minimum for the video without sacrificing game play, at the same time trying to be as "future proofed" as one can be with computers (ie: not outdated the same week we take delivery :D
You aren't a hardcore gamer, but you're going for dual 4870s? Damn... Well, I did the same too! You'll be quite pleased with the cards, especially knowing that the drivers will get better.

Now, regarding that statement: "trying to be as "future proofed" as one can be with computers (ie: not outdated the same week we take delivery". Now, you do know that this will happen, right? It won't take a week, but it will happen...