View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 08:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
This is the age old question that come into play with every form of matchmaking. The bottom line is it all averages out, sure you might get some bad games that are unwinnable no matter what you do but in the end if you improve faster than average your ranking will go up and if you improve slower than the average your ranking will go down over time.

The feeling that matchmaking is unfair is due to psychological bias, people tend to remember the bad players in their game when they do well more than they remember the good players in their game when they do poorly. Some games you carry and some games you get carried and you tend to think you did better in the games that you got carried than you actually did because your team set you up for success.
True and not true really.
The problem with the 'diverse' skill base in MM is that more often than not it sets a huge bias on one side for skill level versus the others. This has happened a lot more on recent games because of all the MM adjustments being made.
I've actually setup a few dummy accounts that I use to test this theory and so far it works well. Skilled or unskilled if only two 'green' players are on one side and 5-9 on the other, coupled with being in a lower tiered tank, you are euchered. The game does not adjust for skill level to balance it out and give each team a fair try at it. If the teams themselves were balanced by the global W7 Rating , then your theory would hold more ground as that would give an 'even' shot at it for most people and help develop skill.
I've been playing WoT since Beta, now (and espically since you can track the player stats live) it has been a steady progression of more and more teams that can just steamroll the other.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com