View Single Post
Old October 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Check out the new NZXT case.. nice full tower for $90.. NZXT Source 530
if you don't like that, shop around. There are better cases than the 922 at the same price-point though as said above, if it's the looks you like then so be it.

Why buy off the egg? Memory express and NCIX both offer a price-match service that could save you a reasonable amount.

Another nice Asus board to look at is Newegg.ca - ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Great overclocker and higher quality audio though no wifi etc... You'll be able to oc both without issue but have a look at the hero in the review section..
You could go a bit cheaper very easily and still be able to oc etc but is up to you for the features you want.

Personally I'm not a fan of corsair memory.. But thats just personal preference. Gskill are worth looking at as are Mushkin and a few others.
Look at different speeds, you don't necessarily need faster ram but if there is only a few bucks in the difference then why get the slower stuff.

Agree with the above on the cooler. Go air or go for the higher end AIO's.

Try double your SSD, My first was 120Gb and really annoying as I had to move stuff loads. also you don't really want to fill an ssd (or really any drive) as it will get slower.

Last but no means least.. 7970 is FAR superior value at the moment. $300~ (or less with MIR's) and free games as well. That or wait for the 290x and either get that or let it hit the nvidia prices as they are pretty far behind in the performance per dollar game.

Also something you MIGHT want to look into is MANTLE.. read more here: A Closer Look at AMD's Mantle (Comment Thread)
Read the review and the thread to get up to speed.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"