View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 10:16 PM
Rookie

Default Help me build 850~900 new gaming rig!

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
I will mostly be playing games(lol gta)and streaming and record game plays
I want to be able to play multiple games at the same time such as minecraft and lol because I have double moniters
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
800~900 canadian dollars without tax

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Vancouver Canada
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy,WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
intel i7 and gtx series(Asus or Evga)
Asus or gigabyte motherboard(matx)
Antec or corsair psu
8g of ram
1 tb harddrive
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
-This includes re-using peripherals such as a monitor, keyboard+mouse, speakers, your copy of an OS (i.e. windows retail version).
I do not need os keyboard mouse speaker headphone moniter
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
-If you have, what conclusions have you drawn so far. If you haven't, why not (maybe just intimidating)?
With my budget I think I will have to go with an h87M motherboard
With a i7 4770(non k) will it be able to oc?

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
-If you plan to over-clock, what are your expectations and current experience level? What do you want your experience level to be after you finish your over-clock?
I might try if 4770(non k) with h87 can be
If I do what CPU cooler do I need to get
8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
-Have you bought any parts yet, when are you starting to buy parts and when do you want to physically be putting it together?
Sometimes between now until boxing day

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
-If this is for gaming, tell us what resolution and the settings you wish to have in games (max everything, high, medium, or low). Do you turn AA on and do you care about gaming technology with PhysX, CUDA, eyfinity, 3D, etc?
Fps above and stable at 60 when I stream lol with high setting
At least medium setting at gta with stable fps over 60
10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
-Is there something you don't want to go without? USB 3.0 support, wifi n, SSD (solid state drives), blu-ray support, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, Super quiet case (low noise system), all-in-one memory card reader, specific front panel support? Those are just a few examples. If you aren't sure, but know you want to have 'the latest and greatest support' then just say so.

I really wanna try an ssd drive but I don't think I can fit it into my budge. I might buy it later. Any recommendation on any 128g ssd drive?
I don't mind if it is a little loud. I want to mainly focus on performance. Also I want go with a matx mobo
I also don't need a fancy case