View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013, 10:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Tuesday: Day 2 of 7

Most of today´s avaliable time I dedicated to pretty much sanding the case down. Normally on a new case that hasn´t got a glossy finish I wouldn´t bother to much about this but since a large portion of the case imitates copper in this design it needs to be as smooth as possible so this was needed. That however is boring so I´m going to show you the rest of what I did today.

I finished yesterday´s side panel (for now, still missing the window and a couple of details), as in, added the final lighter coats of the ageing process and attached the brass details to which I had also aplied the ageing.

Once that was fully dry I put it away safely for now (can´t afford any accidents!).

After all that (very) tedious sanding, cleaned it all up and aplied a good coat of primer to both the top section and the chasis.

Oh and, I fixed the damage caused by the shipping of the case! I like to think it came out quite well, time constraints and all considered.

And for the last 2 hours of today´s avaliable time, I aplied a few coats of the copper. It´s amazing how many more coats the chasis needs in comparison to the plastic bits, I actually ran out of paint, so, need to get some more tomorrow!

It goes without saying that the copper will be aged as well, can´t have none of that new shinyness here!

And that´s it for the second of 7 days in this Mod in a Week project, I hope you keep on reading tomorrow, now I need a shower, get something to eat and go to my "other" job :(