View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 02:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

One gripe I have about the review, first off, that's not the type of card you buy for gaming typically, and you don't expect it to game at 1080p no less. I really wish they would show some numbers running at 720p though, because if one is buying a low end card for entry level gaming, odds may be good that they're running a cheaper monitor that quite possibly runs at no higher than 720p

that's something that really bothered me when I was researching the A10 I purchased for my HTPC. My HTPC is a low profile system, so I went with the A10 + 8gb DDR3 rather than adding a low profile 7750 to an older Athlon X2 with 4gb because it just seemed to offer more system resources all around since I wouldn't be stopping my TV server or XBMC in order to launch steam to run any games, I leave it all open because there's no mouse and keyboard. Maybe I'm a special case, but I was only able to find one review that benchmarked the A10 IGP in 720p, though there were a couple for the radeon 7750

It just seems to me that some of these reviews on bottom tier stuff are taking things out of context. It's nice that yes it performs at 1080p exactly like we'd expect, poorly, but it's low end, why not benchmark it on something that compliments it better as well?

Other than that, I personally would have liked to see the A10's IGP performance in there as well for comparison, but you can't win them all I guess

Last edited by stlouis1; August 8, 2013 at 02:12 AM.