View Single Post
Old July 31, 2013, 10:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude514 View Post
I know Flextronics makes top notch units as well, and Superflower has some good stuff too. What makes you believe that Seasonic will stagnate and let Flex & SF get ahead? Seems to me that SS will have plenty of time to also improve their designs in the next 5 years, with Titanium PSUs being the next step up.

Do any units currently use DSP? DSP will aid voltage regulation correct? If so, I don't see much room for useful improvement with many SS and SS based units having near flawless regulation.
I never said Seasonic will stagnate, I merely said they will take note and there will come a time when someone will at some point surpass them be it only by a small margin. Again, SS is good, and they have an amazing set of engineers that help them stay that way. But, there are a lot of up and comers that are aiming for the same crown under the right opportunities.

DSP as far as I know is in Corsairs AXi model lineup. Voltage regulation is still very good, though more traditional designs are right there too depending on the model type.
However couple that with the superb monitoring capabilities slowly being offered (Corsair Link) and you start to have features and functionalities that are a nice touch to the units beyond their functionality.

DSP may or may not become the standard, but I always root for new technologies. And by allowing us to link right into our PSU's now, its one thing that traditional cannot do yet.

*** Edit - To add to another one of your thoughts, we have had AC-DC and DC-DC for many many years, and it has taken long to refine it to where we stand now. DSP is just being accepted in this form, so who knows what 5 years of maturity will bring. Under 10mv Ripple perhaps? 0.01% Regulation? Diamond Effeciency ? That's why I said what I did, because it is not an older technology being stretched rather a newer one that is growing.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com