View Single Post
Old June 20, 2013, 07:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Truth be told, monitoring foreign communications is the NSA's primary roll. It's only the fact that prism captures data from US citizens which makes it newsworthy. So, yes.... It's safe to say that the NSA is using the assets of US corps to spy on foreigners.

The location of cloud storage facilities is very much a privacy concern as the US security apparatus has made it clear that they consider all data either stored on US soil, or controlled by a US company to be subject to US law as opposed to the laws of the originating country.
But they only target "suspect" foreigners. If you aren't writing your own Anarchist's Cookbook, you shouldn't have a lot to worry about.

If YukonTrooper is worried about PRISM with his new Xbox, I sure hope he doesn't use Skype, Hotmail, Gmail, Facebook, Youtube, FaceTime, etc. etc. because then he's already been "spied" on. And I bet it will never impact his life in any way shape or form.