View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013, 12:13 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
I like the corsair sleeving better than the straight up seasonic (even though some models are seasonics ). They're individually sleeved. Go with the AX1200i, it'll (properly) do up to 3 way sli/xfire.

If you're doing SLI I would recommend going overkill on the PSU so that it runs cool. When you push a PSU it's simple: the fan gets turned on/up more. And the sleeving doesn't have the annoying multicolour look at the terminals.

But if you don't care about the multicolour terminals go with the seasonic, they're bulletproof!
I am considering just 1000W since I will never go 3-SLI. And no, I don't case for if it's multicoloured or not as long as it performs and lasts a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
He's only gonna pull 600w~ at full load with that rig inc a second GPU.. 1200w is a bit pointless unless you are considering tri-sli
1000w will do tri-sli but for the reasons above I would aim higher but for dual-cards then 850 - 1000w is perfect.

Looking at the AX 860 myself for dual 780's on an i7 950, which sucks allot more power than your 3570k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
650W is easily enough for GTX780 SLI + 3930K. There is a huge difference in quality in presleeved cables and ones you do yourself. They use a 1x1 weave versus a 3x3 weave of higher quality sleeving. Also little to no heatshrink versus 2 inches. But is is also a lot of work to sleeve a power supply properly. Expect to spend 20-30 hours at the minimum to do the entire system.
Actually, overclocking everything causes a system to pull a lot of power. I will post some reviews later that showed how much power a 3930/3960 with 2-way SLI pulls. Close to 800 watts. So I like pushing my stuff harder, meaning a better PSU around 1000 Watts is needed when I step up to Extreme platform.

I can put the hrs but I am not sure what the costs are and how much stuff to order. So I will look around for stuff that are pre-sleeved. I would love to put time behind sleeving but maybe in December. Do you know any shop other than Dazmode and modDIY | PC Modding, Case Mods, Modular Cables, PC Mod Supplies I would like a black and red colour patern to go with my system colours.