View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
You can try something like Drivegleam http://www.dirtcellar.net/software/d...drivegleam.php

Looks like it may take a bit of configuring the way you want but comes as a standalone if you prefer that and has the indicator in the task manager.

This looks good as well but even more convoluted to setup haha. I haven't tried this one so it may not be too bad. DiskLED - A Flexible Hard Disk and General System Activity Indicator System Tray Applet | sepago

Here is website which talks about it, some comments as well that may be worth reading. A Simple, Free Hard Disk LED Simulator

Thanks, I saw a few of those things mentioned during my searches (seems to me that drivegleam has/is a dll that's been used for at least one other open source application) so your links will certainly give me a good starting point. I even came across one post/thread (unfortunately it was a discussion of an XP app that may or may not work in win7) that referenced the function of sending the signal to one of the keyboard leds... that would be uber kool!!!!! ;)

Anywise, please keep the suggestions coming if there are any more out there. As I said, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd benefit from finding something to fit the bill.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP