View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Get going....an $1100 3960X at "stock" is just plain "wrong"

What type of cooling? From everything I've read the k and x Series are pretty much neck n neck as far OC'ability, other wise I would have considered diving into another Extreme Chip, unlike my old 920 vs 980x which allowed unlocked Mult vs strictly BCLK adjustments.

Guess we'll see soon 4930k and 4960X, better IMC and Native PCI-E 3.0 Support.

Slik
As long as your happy that is all that matters, like I've said before, unless your Benchmarking for higher scores or running Multi Monitors your likely not going to see gains going from 4.2 Ghz - 4.7 Ghz (especially if you enable V Synch).

I know running some Benches, my 680's improved big time going from 980X at 4.2 Ghz to X79 3930K @ 4.7 Ghz, but I kinda figured this, this Monster GPU's love high CPU Clocks.
When are we expecting to see those 4930/4960 chips? Are they the ones due in September? And is that still going to be 2011 or are they changing the layout?

Also what are your thoughts about Haswell vs IB-E? I guess I am just trying to figure out when to move away from my 2600K. One of the main reasons is how I only get 8x when in SLI and that will most likely hamper the 780's if I decided to go with two of them. Whatever I go to, whenever I do go, I need it to have full PCI-E 3 16x support.