View Single Post
Old May 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
No need to sweat it so hard RJ. Just leave it uefi and install everything like you normally would. UEFI in a nutshell is a prettier, more intuitive, faster, more feature rich bios. No reason not to use it unless you need to run some odd legacy hardware that won't support uefi like some old raid cards etc.

CSM allows for most legacy devices to boot with uefi. I haven't had anything not boot with it. Disabling CSM allows "secure boot". Personally I run with CSM enabled (default I think).

GPT allows >2gb drives but a GPT formatted drive will not boot on a standard bios. MBR is compatible with more partitioning and recovery software, but that is changing. You can mix and match gpt and mbr all day, so run whichever you like. If you have any 3tb+ drives format those gpt to use the entire disk.

Also, with the R4E, you should check your bios version and update it if it is a ways back. Simple to do with a usb stick using the "bios flashback button".
Okay thanks for some clarification. Still digging on the ROG Forum, but the Site has been down for hours.
Also, want to make sure there will be no issues with my 680 Classifieds installed, I take it allowing CSM ensure comaptibility with everything.