View Single Post
Old May 4, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

CPUID HWMonitor HWMonitor - CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting (download the EXE version. It might give you some info on that hard drive and some temperatures. Sometimes when programs lock up and crash computers its actually a failing hard drive. But it could be a lot of things causing your problem and this can sometimes be a challenging thing to trouble shoot. It's really a matter of elimination.

If you are new to computers or inexperienced with them I'd suggest getting a program called Malwarebytes. It's pretty good at finding and stopping Malware Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC

And Antivirus if you don't currently have one. I use Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows It has a tiny footprint and works well enough. Out of the many AV programs I've used over the years this one really doesn't bog down the PC. Best part.... its 100% free.

Ya really wanna make sure it's not a software problem as your computer shop didn't notice anything wrong when the build was complete. Go backwards with the software to the best of your knowledge and remove it. Sometimes misc software has sneaky ways of installing other things ya don't want.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; May 4, 2013 at 08:57 PM.