View Single Post
Old April 26, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

sounds like the a problem after a failed overclock and the BIOS keeps trying to go back to that saved overclock. Save a default bios setup as one of your Saved profiles in the bios and then specify that one as your default to load. The higher end mobos generally have a saved profiles option while you look for stable OC's

Simply resetting the cmos doesn't always delete those saved overclocks. Delete any saved overclocks from your profile list to ensure it's not trying to load old ones. (if this is even an issue for you) It has been for me in the past while I searched for that pristine stable OC.

Make sure all the ram timings are correct as well. Sometimes a badly crashed computer will screw with the bios a little or after a while a bios will decide that it doesn't like your overclock and fail it repeatedly.

Alternatively you could flash the bios and ensure the current one hasn't become corrupted.

After re reading your original post I see that you don't get to the bios... hoping it isn't corrupted. Someone trust worthy on the forum may be able to test your cpu for you.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; April 26, 2013 at 05:21 PM.