Thread: Work in progress Old Blue
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool Old Blue

This is a project I've been wanting to attempt for a while... I'm rebuilding a Cosmos S which has been dragged around to lans and been moved multiple times. Originally I was going to do a full copper build but after pricing everything out etc I'm gonna save that for newer hardware.

While the Cosmos S is a great case for water cooling there are many things about it that I don't like which I will be fixing or attempting to fix in this build. I'm still on the fence about de-riveting and painting the chassis but that's probably what will happen.

I have so far stripped the case down right to the chassis and begun painting all the parts. Anyone who's done this before can appreciate the challenges doing this. Because I work away from home this project will probably drag out for a couple months with updates every couple weeks.

Here are a few pictures to get things started. While it looks purple in this lighting I assure everyone it's blue.

White parts were black this is 6 coats later. Everything was sanded with 1000 and 2000 grit sand paper and sanded out imperfections for the final 2 coats. It won't be perfect but it will be close. I still haven't decided how to finish the start button as it's touch sensitive and I didn't want to paint it just incase.

Next parts to get painted will be the plastic ferring around the outside (normally grey) and the black anodized aluminium which I think I will be bondoed smooth and painted white. My hope is the white will make the blue pop more.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.