View Single Post
Old April 24, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
You can fit more stuff on 1080p x 2 than 1440p. I used to run on dual 24's and then ran a single 27" 1440p. The IPS panel was so much better than my old TNs but I found myself missing a second monitor quite often. 2 monitors is much better for productivity than 1 monitor as I'm sure you already know.

Now I run an IPS 1440p alongside one of my old 24" 1080p's and I have everything I need. Soon to upgrade the 1080p into another IPS 1440p when I have the money.

Here's how I see it. If your set up is strictly for productivity, IMO your set-up now is better. If you want better picture quality and better entertainment experience, go with your Asus 27".

I know you said that you can't keep all the monitors, but how about keeping one? A 27" PLS along side one of your existing 1080p's should be the best option. Best of both worlds?
Agreed, I went from a 3x 22 to a 27 and ended up having to add a 22 back into the mix, (portrait mode mind you, works pretty good alongside my U2711) once you go from a multi-monitor setup to a single it is hard to get used to, I hated having to minimize what I was working on or flipping through windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton