View Single Post
Old July 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Fans should suck air through the rad and not blow. You get less turbulence and better airflow that way.

That said. The fans should suck cool air from outside and into your case. The trick is to make sure that your front and rear mounted fans create a strong enough air current to blow the rising hot air out the back so that the cool air coming in from the top is not fighting against it and just merges into the air current.

This will likely suck in more dust but but no matter how you slice it, dust gets in no matter which way the air blows. You just have to deal with it.

Sucking or blowing hot air from the case through the rad makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Sorry but I have to disagree. (Not about the "sucking" part, but we're talking about push/pull setups anywise).

Since the hot air rises inside the case, drawing in from the top is going to blow all of the hot air from your cooling loop back over the CPU & motherboard components which is completely opposite to what we want.

With a single CPU loop and a rear exhausting video card (or WC cooled Vid card) the great majority of heat which is normally generated inside a case is already being transfered to the rad, thus you want that heat exhausted out of the case rather than back into it.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP