View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The flaw is not really a big flaw. It only effects - reportedly - effects USB 3.0 devices which are attached when you put the system 'to sleep'. Restart any progs that mess up is the short term solution...and thats the scope of the problem. It shouldnt - reportedly...from what I heard - effect USB 2 devices. So as long as you dont leave your USB 3 stroage drive plugged in...and / or make sure to save your work before before putting the system into low power mode....you will be fine...or atleast that is what I have heard. Wont know for sure UNTIL it lands...but thats what I have heard :)
In the grand scheme of things, its okay for an enthusiast like myself because I never go low power mode (not after a big fiasco with some older stuff and W7 Sleep Mode). However, getting sent something that is flawed at the start is the part that irks me.
If reports are true.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com