Thread: GPU headache
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 12:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Post GPU headache

Hey guys.

How's it going? I hope all is well. I have a dilemma here. I am looking to purchase a new GPU. I had 7970 in CF and they were nightmare after they stopped linking to each other and artifacting. So I stepped it up to the Titan but I just couldn't justify the price/performance. Now I don't have a card as I took back the DC2T due to the size that will probably limit me going 3-way SLI in September/October. So I was wondering whether to grab the Titan and SLI it (again the price/performance is crazy but I did get awesome frames no less than 55FPS on all games on Ultra settings with 2560x1440p). So I either get 2 of the following asap since the prices are going to go up (people think it will be just the lower end cards that use ddr3 but I have been told by a store manager that all cards will go up and not only due to ddr3 prices but because both Nvidia and AMD not releasing anything until Q1 2014).

My choices: 2 of each (I would love to have kept the DC2T and continue the red/black theme in my PC with ASUS parts)

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC SIGNATURE+ 1084MHZ 2048MB 6208MHZ GDDR5 SLI DVI DP PCI-E DX11 Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 1110MHZ 4GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 SLI 2xDVI HDMI DP HDCP PCI-E DirectX 11 Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW LE 1006MHZ 2GB 6.2GHZ GDDR5 SLI 2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E DirectX 11 Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr III OC 1058MHZ 2GB GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E DirectX 11 Video Card

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II 1006MHZ 4GB GDDR5 6GHZ 2xDVI HDMI DP PCI-E 3.0 Video Card

The reason I have so many eVGA cards is that I would like the cards to send the heat out of the case and not into the case and elevate the CPU temperature since I have aircooler now as opposed to H80i.

Thanks in advance and all inputs are appreciated.

Cheers
Hero1