View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 08:18 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
Can you post your thoughts on this monitor when you get it. I've been doing a lot of research on monitors lately as mine is about to die and these monitors with this mod would make me consider them over an IPS panel. Like you i mostly game/surf the net. This could also make me switch back to the green team after almost 5 years playing for team red

If this helps at all;

I have been using the Asus VG248QE for over a month now in lightboost 2d mode.

The image quality will never come close to what I see on the 27 inch Shimian IPS that's attached to my wife's PC.

However, for a gaming machine (90% gaming), you can tweak the image settings well enough to make the colours pop and I can say with full confidence that this is by far my favourite setup.

I've gone through the Dell U2412M (pretty good for gaming), Shimian 27inch 1440P IPS (not bad for gaming, love the resolution and colours), Asus VG236HE (very good IQ for a TN 120hz, maybe due to the glossy film), and finally the Asus VG248QE, clearly the worst image quality (but tweakable to become at least "acceptable"), but the best video game experience.