View Single Post
Old April 9, 2013, 09:56 AM
MVP

I'll admit the 7850 looks like a better buy than the 650TI Boost, however conflicting information. That aside, for the same price, cheaper in some instances, the GTX 660 is better than both. Throwing the 660 in the mix, the 7870 comes into play as well being not much more. But the 660 wins out in my book because of the price.

I'm pretty confident about a 660 being the best of the 3 initial options unless there is some important information I'm missing.

In particular, the superclocked edition is what has caught my eye:
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

But there's also the non SC version:
EVGA 02G-P4-2660-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Any reason to avoid a superclocked version or would it be fine? SC is cheaper too which seems odd. My last concern is running the new card in a board with PCI-E 2.0 and a Q series quad core, at what point does performance increase between all these new cards become redundant based on the restrictions of my setup? At what point are you wasting money from one card to another based on that?

I should also note that my 4870x2 is the older version of it, with clocks of 750/900, I know there's a quicker version out since so that might give some perspective as to how much of an upgrade these new choices really are.

Thanks for all your replies guys.

Last edited by Brian; April 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM.