View Single Post
Old April 2, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Playing this on PS3 as my PC can't handle it. I am about 1/2 way through and at 46% on completion so I'd say I'm doing pretty good so far with finding goodies and Tombs. Gotta say this game is really great. I know some people have compared it to Uncharted, and playing it on PS3 it certainly is comparable but getting into this game they are really quite different.

I love being able to upgrade Lara and her weapons. I've got her pretty badass in hand to hand right now and she's pretty slick with the weapons too. The atmosphere in this game is fantastic and I love the dark, graphic edge they gave it. It's definitely not as GF friendly as Uncharted. The atmosphere makes up for the lack of depth of the characters, like you find in Uncharted. But ya, the wife does a lot of grimacing while I am playing this lol.

There's just so much about this game that really knocks it out of the park. Tons of surprises, a creepy story, fantastic maps, I know everyone hates QTE's but they are even done well and sparingly in this. The combat is fun too and I love the bits of variety you can apply to situations if you are sharp. And the exploration portion isn't over done like in recent Assassin's Creed games where it feels tacked on just to try and extend gameplay.

All in all at this point I am ready to rate this 9.5/10 if I have to use a number scale. We'll see how the second half plays out and what I feel after finishing it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE