View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 06:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Depending on the game, they can scale real well or not.

I just traded my 680 for a pair of SLI 660's. In BF3, which is the game I play 90% of the time, I should see frame rate increases of up to 50%. We'll see if microstuttering is an issue. It very well may be, but I've never had an SLI/Crossfire setup, so I have no idea if it will affect me.

But, your question is a valid one. GTX660's cost about $220-$240. A 680 is usually around $480-$520. So, for less than the cost of a 680, you could potentially get more performance out of 2x cheaper 660's.

SLI and driver issues notwithstanding, of course. That is a huge downside that must be taken into consideration.
Yeah that's really what it comes down to. I felt that in the biggest way with World of Tanks to be honest. They did a massive revamp on their game engine....and since then SLI does not work, so a game that back in the day I sustained 60-70 maxed FPS I get 30 max in the cities ( though more in the fields, less clutter).

But, besides that...those 460's lasted me how long? 2+ years of Perfect performance without stutter, without major glitches.

And they have long since found a new home without fail. Sometimes you can get lucky. At 1080P on a budget I can see two of these cards doing great. I don't think the regular TI 650 had SLI did it?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com