View Single Post
Old March 24, 2013, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect

Default Need some recommendations for parts

Hey everyone. I have picked out quite a few components, but I need some recommendations for the rest.

I have this so far:

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm

Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 400 Inline Reservoir

Fittings: Bitspower Ultimate ^ 1/4 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD Carbon Black

Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Coolant: Mayhem's Pastel Blue Coolant - Blue Berry

Thermal Paste: IC Diamond

---

So I believe I need a GPU block, radiators, a pump, and a pump top.

Before I start, where do we get the LEDs for the Raystorm? Buy em separately?

I guess EKWB is the only ones with the liquid showing, does that black stuff (the rubber? inside) and the screws show? - EK GeForce 680 GTX+ VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel CSQ (EK-FC680 GTX+ - Nickel CSQ) - FrozenCPU.com

Does anyone have the blocks for the 670 and 680 with the liquid showing and clear pictures of em?

I ask because in the Murderbox series these look absolutely gorgeous: MDPC 042 | murderbox MKII P1.01

What block does that system use..? Custom perhaps?

For the pump and pump top, I'm thinking a Swiftech MCP655 with the variable speed and whatnot. Looks like this pump top is compatible with it? - EK D5 X-Top Acetal Pump Top CSQ - Laing D5 & Swiftech MCP-650/655 (EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ - Acetal) - FrozenCPU.com

What does a pump top do? I don't want an ugly looking pump and that by far is the nicest looking pump top.

As for radiators, I need a 3x120 and a 2x140, the triple will be on top, dual in front. I want the radiators hidden out of sight as much as possible, they should be behind the metal, not bulging out.

I'll be using an NZXT Phantom 630 case.

Looks like these are some good raditors, any suggestions?

XSPC EX360 Triple 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator - FrozenCPU.com

XSPC EX280 Dual 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator - FrozenCPU.com

Any other ideas, things you guys would add?