View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
So you are going to ruin it by SLI'ing your Titans and introducing micro stutter back into your gameplay experience?
Here's the dilemma as I see [email protected] 2560 x 1600 1 Titan isnt quite enough to Max out all DX11 titles, hence the 2nd Card.

The only "concern" I had making this decision (to go with 680 Classy's vs Titans), is I know SLi 680 Classy's will Max out everything (as my Fermi's are close), as I said, if a set of Cards will Max out everything at a given Res, unless your into Benching, dont see the point of going crazier as you wont see the difference (in regular gameplay).
To each there own though, as I used to buy 3 Cards (but Benched).

I love building rigs, so would rather take that $1200 saved and dive into an X79 Platform with SLi 680 Classy's.
Also I always sell my Cards here, usually there about 12 - 14 months old and I can recoop about 50% of my cost. We do know that by perhaps next year another "kicker" Card will be introduced so its time to sell and upgrade, hard to say what the re-coop value of these titans will be a year or so from now, lets face it, the initial cost is extremely pricey @ $1200 each (including Taxes).

to re-coop 50% would be $600, there could be a new GTX 7xx Series Card out there by then that runs at the same speeds and Retails for the same price ($600), ....anyhow, if I was running even one more Dell UHD monitor I would have dove in to two Titans, but single monitor seems completely unnecessary.

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico