View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
So you are going to ruin it by SLI'ing your Titans and introducing micro stutter back into your gameplay experience?
Here's the dilemma as I see it...@ 2560 x 1600 1 Titan isnt quite enough to Max out all DX11 titles, hence the 2nd Card.

The only "concern" I had making this decision (to go with 680 Classy's vs Titans), is I know SLi 680 Classy's will Max out everything (as my Fermi's are close), as I said, if a set of Cards will Max out everything at a given Res, unless your into Benching, dont see the point of going crazier as you wont see the difference (in regular gameplay).
To each there own though, as I used to buy 3 Cards (but Benched).

I love building rigs, so would rather take that $1200 saved and dive into an X79 Platform with SLi 680 Classy's.
Also I always sell my Cards here, usually there about 12 - 14 months old and I can recoop about 50% of my cost. We do know that by perhaps next year another "kicker" Card will be introduced so its time to sell and upgrade, hard to say what the re-coop value of these titans will be a year or so from now, lets face it, the initial cost is extremely pricey @ $1200 each (including Taxes).

to re-coop 50% would be $600, there could be a new GTX 7xx Series Card out there by then that runs at the same speeds and Retails for the same price ($600), ....anyhow, if I was running even one more Dell UHD monitor I would have dove in to two Titans, but single monitor seems completely unnecessary.

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
MARK 11: 32.530

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico