View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 10:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I could "pop my cherry" and build my own right now,if I really wanted to. Problem with me is,building my own rig is work. While I consider myself an enthusiast,it's not to the point of building a rig,it's HAVING a rig that's always a bit ahead of the curve. Killswitch is a very talented guy,and with that talent,I know whatever he builds is going to work properly without issues right from the get go. Together,we select the hardware,I order it,he builds it,and when it's done,it's like a Christmas,or birthday present for me. Something to look forward to. I have no patience when it comes to putting a PC together. None at all. It's just the way I am. Lazy? Probably,but building computers etc. is a bit of a hobby for my friend Killswitch,resulting in enjoyment and satisfaction for both of us. As I said in an earlier post,I consider myself fortunate. Not smart,or rich or whatever,but fortunate in being able to buy pretty much whatever I want for a gaming rig,and fortunate in having a good friend like Killswitch to build it with me. Fun part for me,is ordering the hardware. Who wouldn't enjoy ordering two Titans?
Hey, to each their own. I agree that building computers is one of the most addictive things I've ever done. I can't stop myself from ordering new parts for any one of the rigs in my house (be it cheap or expensive). Ordering parts, be they new or used, is fun.

However, unlike you, I love the process of taking the shiny part out of its box and wrapping, and spending some time moving it around in my hands, looking at the way the light falls on certain surfaces. The effort that goes into manufacturing most computer parts is astonishing, and most of the individual parts are beauties to behold in their own right.

Then, putting everything together, planning the cable routing, physically plugging things in, using a screwdriver to snug a screw into the PCI slot to secure a finely crafted video card to an equally finely crafted case is a joy that cannot be matched in a lot of other endeavours.

I would LOVE the opportunity to build an ultra high end system like yours, whether it be for myself or someone else.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;