View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ Thanks Soul, you nailed it Anyone going with a SLi Titan at $2.2K is going to want to go with a 3930k OC'd to 4.4 - 4.6Ghz on a nice skookum X79 Board Unleash the hounds!!!!

btw...NCIX succesfully changed my order from 2 x Evga GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB to 2 x Evga GTX 680 Classy's, I love those 80mm Fans on my 580 Classy's, damn cool running Cards and quiet.

Oh and Silk, up until about 5 yrs ago all I would do is change out GPU's, with the help of this Forum and my wallet, I've gone to all sorts of set ups, including Tri SLi.....but in all honesty, it all boils down to what you need to Max out your games at a given Resolution.....oh, its time to pop your cherry and build one (PC) yourself
I could "pop my cherry" and build my own right now,if I really wanted to. Problem with me is,building my own rig is work. While I consider myself an enthusiast,it's not to the point of building a rig,it's HAVING a rig that's always a bit ahead of the curve. Killswitch is a very talented guy,and with that talent,I know whatever he builds is going to work properly without issues right from the get go. Together,we select the hardware,I order it,he builds it,and when it's done,it's like a Christmas,or birthday present for me. Something to look forward to. I have no patience when it comes to putting a PC together. None at all. It's just the way I am. Lazy? Probably,but building computers etc. is a bit of a hobby for my friend Killswitch,resulting in enjoyment and satisfaction for both of us. As I said in an earlier post,I consider myself fortunate. Not smart,or rich or whatever,but fortunate in being able to buy pretty much whatever I want for a gaming rig,and fortunate in having a good friend like Killswitch to build it with me. Fun part for me,is ordering the hardware. Who wouldn't enjoy ordering two Titans?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5