View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 11:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm going to wait to hear what people have to say as even though I enjoyed Bioshock 1, I quit Bioshock 2 probably half of the way through as the game wasn't impressing me and it was actually starting to bore me. I've only dropped a game or two midway so it's not a massive habit of mine. I hope they can improve on the shortcomings of Bioshock 2 (such as enemies re-spawning in cleared areas as if the areas reset and holy crap the lock picking mini-game was GARBAGE) and make Infinite a lot better game.
It should be noted that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 were created by different studios. Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite were created by Irrational Games AKA 2K Boston, started by former members of famed Looking Glass Studios--who don't get the credit they deserve in the history of first person gaming.

I finally completed Bioshock over the past two days. Previously, years ago, I had only played through most of the medical pavilion. It was an amazing experience. I can't believe it's taken me so long to play through it. An hour in, Bioshock 2 is a bit of a disappointment. I don't think that universe was meant to be revisited. I'm *almost* tempted to read spoilers to see what happens rather than play through it; but I won't.

I am now very much looking forward to Bioshock Infinite.

edit:

For those pre-purchasing, I noticed greenmangaming.com is offering a $15 credit with Bioshock Infinite, in addition to two free games. This could be applied to the season pass after the purchase, making it a decent value.

Last edited by Desiato; March 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM.