View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 01:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweppes View Post
The build is for my mom, but I may one day want to put in a video card... How does this look? Any changes that I should make? Are these parts overkill? I would like it to last a while. Thanks!
Intel Core i3-3220, NZXT Source 220 - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada
I like your plan. Some things to look at are:
If you are going with a micro ATX board you might want a smaller case. I used this one and I liked it.
SilverStone Sugo Series SG02B-F-USB3.0 ABS / SECC Steel MicroATX Desktop Computer Case with 2 x USB3.0 ports (Black) - Newegg.com

If you mom doesn't do a whole lot with her computer you may not even need that TB drive. You will use about 35 GB for windows and then you have tons of space for the average non-computer user. Two drives often confuse non computer people.

Same story with the video card. Probably don't need it if she is a casual computer user.

Get a monitor with built in speakers and HDMI so you can have sound without the need for a pair of speakers for her. Might be alittle more cost upfront for the monitor but save space at the desktop.
Asus VE228H 21.5" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers ASCR 10,000,000:1 - Newegg.com

here's my thread on my Micro ATX build
Small office computer

good luck and have fun!