View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 11:24 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
That's funny, I didn't know you were local. I always thought you were across the pond because you had the XL2411T.
I ordered it from overclockers.co.uk -- they had a sale at only 189 quid (British Pounds), which translated to not much more than 300 dollars Canadian including overseas shipping. I ordered it because it was the worlds first 1ms computer monitor, it came out before the ASUS VG248QE.

Usually 1ms vs 2ms makes no difference for most things. However, remarkably, 1ms and 2ms makes a massive difference with 3D Vision glasses and with LightBoost zero motion blur (elimination of faint trailing double-image effect; the crosstalk between refreshes). This is because the 3D Vision trick is to compress pixel persistence into the time period of a vertical blanking interval between refreshes. This is a situation where milliseconds matter; because the monitor needs to finish the refresh before the LightBoost strobe backlight flashes, and open the shutter in shutter glasses. Less leakage between left eye/right eye. More perfect looking 3D. And more perfect LightBoost 2D zero motion blur effect, too. Here, 1ms vs 2ms matters a great deal.

Regardless of 1ms or 2ms, LightBoost still shatters the pixel persistence barrer. LightBoost keeps pixel persistence in total darkness by turning off backlight between refreshes; precisely strobe the backlight only exactly on fully refreshed frames (once per refresh, more like a proper CRT). The strobe flashes can be shorter than the pixel persistence. The VG278H, normally a 2ms TN panel, was measured to have a effective (human eye) Motion Picture Response Time (MPRT) of 1.4ms during LightBoost OSD setting of 10%. It is remarkable that pixel persistence is no longer the barrier to motion blur.

NOTE: I don't use 3D glasses often. I got it for the complete elimination of LCD motion blur...!

Last edited by mdrejhon; March 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM.