View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 10:37 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Well said Dimitry, I have not in fact had a chance to work with this case and my comment regarding the plastic bits may have been unfair. Truthfully even the most robust and aestetically pleasing plastic shell on any case in my mind tend to "look" cheap and flimsy compared to Steel and alluminum in my eyes. My somewhat preconcieved ideas about this middle brother of the Phantom 3.0 and the 820 really stem from the fact that although they are feature rich (albeit redundant and needless in many cases imo) the basic aestetics of this NZXT line don't tickle my fancy in the least. Anyways I loved the review and think all the case reviews HWC does are simply outstanding. Thanks for keeping me honest and please keep up the great work.
I totally understand where you are coming from. :)) Our perception of quality has been swayed by full aluminum and steel cases, but the chassis market is moving towards higher integration of sturdy plastics, which holds many advantages.

1: unique molding and aesthetic design that is just not possible with neither steel nor aluminum.
2: less cost, thus better pricing.
3: damage resistant (Thin aluminum panels are so easy to bend, a simple bump can put a dent which will not be aesthetically pleasing)
4: different color options.

The NZXT Phantom line up is a bit alienware looking, I also prefer more settle chassis like the Corsair 550D (My previous case). But opted to keep the P820 because i wanted to utilize large interior and angled fan inside to keep my GTX 590 cool.

Thanks for the comment and compliment :D, always nice to keep our viewers happy.