View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I threw the card in my rig, and indeed, there's tons of artifacting. It happened right off of startup, before the card even had a chance to warm up, so I was pretty sure it wasn't heat. Nonetheless, I removed the heatsink, cleaned it all out, repasted and reinstalled. No Dice.

I talked to the card's owner, and told him that we could take a chance baking the card. I told him there was a chance I would brick the card, but that if it worked, he could use it as a back-up card.

So, it looks like I'm going to bake my first video card this evening. I'm looking forward to seeing if baking fixes the problem. Should be fun :)

EDIT: If I can get the card to work, would it be ethical to sell the card, with full disclosure that it was baked? What is the outlook on life on baked cards? i.e. how long do they usually last before needing baking again? If I could get him $75 after a successful bake, I'm sure he'd be happy.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;

Last edited by great_big_abyss; March 11, 2013 at 09:42 AM.