View Single Post
Old March 8, 2013, 09:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donimo View Post
Hi All. I am sure none of you remember me but I was on quite a bit for a while back in the day (served in the core2 wars). Decided I am a PC gamer after all and dove back in.

I will put up pics in a bit but so far I am happy with my rig. Only 2 things bug me:

- I splurged on a Scythe Mine 2 and get the same temps as with my old Corsair A50? I get a bit better idle temp (who cares) but pretty much identical load temps. Last night was 30-33 idle and 77-79 load.

- Overclocking is too easy, I remember fiddling for WEEKS to get my E6750 stable at 3.6ghz, this 3570k I just went "let's see and all I did was change the multi from 34 to 40 and it was 6 hours prime95 stable, boring lol.

Oh and the difference between Bitfenix's spectre and spectre pro lines is ASTONISHING, I kinda wish I returned the normal 200mm, it is flimsy and weak, the pro could hold up a house and makes an actual breeze under the desk as an INTAKE fan.
It took a whooping 5 seconds to do 4.2 on my i7.....
Where as my 939 Operteron was I think 2 weeks to get 3.0 stable on it (since so much was interlinked back in the day).

The BF Spectre Pros are really a premium Fan, that cannot be stated enough.

Welcome back to the club,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com