View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 06:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post
That's me.

Here's a new tip; if you can live with reduced brightness.
Lower the LightBoost setting via the monitor's menus (OSD) downwards to about 50% or less, even as low as 10%. The reduces the strobe lengths of the LightBoost stroboscopic backlight; and reduces motion blur even further, to be more similar to CRT phosphor decay (under 2ms). The image is slightly dimmer but the motion clarity now matches CRT

I'm the guy who wrote one of the more popular LightBoost HOWTO's. (I actually live in Toronto, by the way -- so I'm a local!) For the best CRT silky motion effect, make the frame rates match refresh rates -- so make sure you test LightBoost (when using it in 2D without glasses) on games that easily run 120fps -- such as Source Engine video games (older games). You should not have problems getting that framerate.
Let me know if you have any questions.
That's funny, I didn't know you were local. I always thought you were across the pond because you had the XL2411T.

I've been using Lightboost from the beginning at one or two ticks up from the lowest setting. Now that I have GTX 670 SLi I've been even happier with the results due to less "double image-ing."

Keep up the good work

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732