View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 03:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
Nice build but I would make sure the RAM heatsink won't interfere with the CPU heatsink. I would go for Samsung 30nm (smaller die, less power consumption & heat) or Corsair vengeance LP.

Top of the line CPU need a Z77 motherboard to overclock . Upgrade mobo ($110 ASRock Z77 Pro4-M or $90 ASRock Z77M) or downgrade CPU to non-k (non-overclockable) model.

The CM PSU was priced too high for what it is. Seasonic G 550W will stay quite for your build, Gold efficiency, cheaper and much better. And it's enough for your build with room to overclock.

HD 7950 is the same price and performance as GTX 660ti. See what games you want to play and review benchmarks to know which is more suitable.

For a few $$ more the Noctua NH-L9i will give you the quiet and subtle with same or better performance.

GL!
~$30 cheaper -> Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-550 550W Continuous @ 50C, 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active - PFC Power Supply
(Uses a Silent 140mm Fan)

~$20 more expensive -> ASRock Z77M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Save $10 and gives me OC capability. Not bad, thanks. Also, the hyper 212 is very quiet and effective. It also sits very high, allowing tall RAM, such as ripjaws, to sit just beneath.