View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree, everything is going to be worded different, but you have to admit, the Asus guys have that one click overclock.... they seem to really have the Sandy Bridge cpus figured out.

I've read the info in the one you just posted and it's the same thing, saying to disable speedstep, etc. why? Asus specifically says:

Quote:
It possible to overclock while keeping speedstep enabled and use the offset voltage method for Vcore increase this will provide the overall best in temperature and heatsink performance as well as generally efficiency and extension of the lifespan of the motherboards its components and the CPU. This is due to the Turbo Multiplier working and exucting ramping as Intel intended.
Example leaving all CStates and Speedstep enabled will allow the CPU to idle down in Vcore and frequency ( 1600MHz ) and ramp up when under load to 4.8GHz when needed.
Should there be interest in consistently maintain a desired clock frequency users can disable Speedstep and still keep Intel Turbo multiplier overclocking enabled.
Please note that overall disabling or adjustments of Speedstep or CStates do not affect overclocking range ( this is different than previous generations when power saving states were advised to be disabled when exceeding 3.8 to 4.0GHz ).
I've always left all those enabled and makes for a fast OC when needed but idles nicely down at 1600mhz with a corresponding drop in heat and power usage.

I don't see why the EVGA board can't do the same thing?